Monday, December 23, 2013

Tornadoes, Dutch-Speaking Santas . . . It's Christmas in Nashville!

We made it to Nashville!!  A long (but easy), fourteen-hour trip.  It feels like we've taken a flight into spring since it's seventy degrees here, and we spent part of the night hovered in a stairwell waiting out tornadoes.  But even Santa made it to Nashville, and we found him at a beautiful botanical garden and art museum called Cheekwood.





 My little reindeer.




I'm beginning to think Santa Claus read my last blog entry and knew we were coming to town.  He spoke a little Dutch, and there was a pair of rubber boots and wooden clogs by his side . . . how Amsterdam is that?




And check out the sign in the cookie decorating room.  Seriously?  He knew we were coming!



The mansion at Cheekwood was decked out with enormous Christmas trees, one in each color of the rainbow.

The BLUE tree.  Reese's very favorite color.

The PURPLE tree--Abby's favorite.

The RED tree--Nana's favorite.

 Cool fiber optic chandelier in the foyer of mansion.




There was a quirky, multimedia exhibit of the top floor about things people love.  I LOVE this one, whether I interpret this graphic in terms of my knitting or writing stories.


Oh, where to start with my love for these little elves . . .








No comments:

Post a Comment