Tuesday, April 8, 2014

No April Fools

It's no joke . . . we celebrate six birthdays in our family during the month of April.

The festivities kick off with my brother's birthday on April 1, and culminate on the last day of the month with Abigail's birthday.

Happy Birthday to each of you!  Cheers to all of the memories we share!  XOXO

First, on the 1st, is my brother, Chris:


Uncle Chris with Abigail (New Hampshire, 2012)

Next up is my father-in-law, David, on the 6th:

Pop Pop with Abigail and Reese (Bainbridge Island, 2011)


Then my amazing mom, whose birthday is TODAY, the 8th of April:

Nana, Abby and Reese, a very tight trio (Nashville, 2010)


On the 22nd, we remember my gentle, sweet-hearted grandmother, Elizabeth:

Grandma and Grandpa with my brother and me ( Saint Louis, 1977)

The very next day, we celebrate my sister-in-law, Erin:

Aunt Erin with Uncle Chris (New Hampshire, 2012)

It's so hard for me to believe, but my baby girl is turning six on April 30.  Abby has grown into such a gentle, patient, creative and thoughtful little girl.  There are moments when I wish I could stop time, and the very next moment I can't wait to see the girl she will become over the next six years.  Most of all, I'm so happy to be right here, right now, in the present with her.  What joy.

Abby, 3 months (Mendocino, CA, 2008)

No comments:

Post a Comment