Thursday, April 17, 2014

Wednesdays

Wednesdays are crazy, hectic, race-from-dawn-till-dusk kind of days.  School's only 1/2 day, which means I only have a 2-3 hours of free time.  It's just enough for a grocery run and shower (if I'm efficient with my time).

Once I pick up the kids, we bike straight to ballet.  A & R have back-to-back ballet classes, which extends our day, but I love getting time alone with each of them while the other is in class.  The day is that much sweeter because they both love ballet so much.

At the playground near the Magic Flute Ballet School:




Reese is usually starved after his class, so we often find a nearby cafe.  We play cards or take turns with a game on my phone.  Reese is all about the selfie:





GIVE ME AN "R"!!!!


I really respect Reese for always following his own tune.  He's completely unaware of the gender roles society wants to place on him, and I don't know if he'd even care if he were aware.  He loves ballet, loves soccer, loves the color blue and loves to paint all his nails pink.  He takes gentle care of his cherished stuffed animals, but can be wild and naughty and fierce. 






No comments:

Post a Comment