Saturday, July 11, 2015

One More Dune Deep Thought

The dunes are undulating, with frequent but not very steep hills. Running the dunes, I had to work hard to run up some hills, but I was quickly rewarded with a downhill or a straightaway where I could catch my breath and take time to feel good about what I had just accomplished, while still running.

This got me thinking more about my life again, the need to identify my most important goals and then to break them down into smaller, achievable steps. So often I feel crazed jumping from one thing to another (because multi-tasking is a badge of honor nowadays) and overwhelmed in my efforts to find the critical path to my most cherished goals. 

My run reminded me to start breaking things down, into smaller hills, and to take stock of my progress at the crest of each metaphorical hill. And to always visualize the reward whether it's a downhill, a straightway, or maybe even a cutie offering me a flower as I come over the top.





No comments:

Post a Comment