Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Time to Pivot

Our trip to Morocco was a turning point, marking the moment we started free-falling into our move from Amsterdam to New York City. I've been lightly preparing since DS departed for the Big Apple in January; and there's been no shortage of tasks to complete. But now, all hands on deck are necessary.

The trip afforded DS and me the first opportunity in four months to talk about anything in depth (the six-hour time difference has not been our friend), and so we spent many an hour on our multi-day drive to the desert PLANNING!

I'm excited about our move, and most of all to be reunited as a family. But there's no denying it, I'll miss The Netherlands. It's been a dream come true to live in Europe. Many moons ago, I got my Master's degree in European history--I love it that much.

One of the benefits of living in Europe, and especially Amsterdam, is that you're centrally located to travel, travel, travel. We've taken full advantage of this benefit over the past three years.

And on that note, I close out our trip to North Africa.

Bring on the color.









Moroccan pancakes, called Mesmen (square pan-fried dough). What's not to like?


We did a wee bit of carpet shopping. 




Bingo! Found the one!



Deep we go into the Souk:



I think we bought six of these bags.




Plus two poufs.

















 Henna tattoos for three-out-of-the-four of us.









No comments:

Post a Comment