Thursday, July 14, 2016

My Kids are Watching

There are so many things I'd like to say about the upcoming election, and I hope I'm able to snag the time in the near future to go beyond this quick post and miscellaneous Facebook comments.

Today, however, this ad by the Clinton campaign stopped me in my tracks. Anyone who has been around me this year knows that a possible Trump presidency breaks my heart for a multitude of reasons, but perhaps my biggest sorrow is how it will shape my children's understanding of their country and the world, how it will shape their understanding of humankind. My husband and I model acceptance, curiosity and compassion. How do we explain Trump?

Honestly, I just don't get it. How someone so vile and uneducated is poised to lead our country.

But there is one thing I know for certain--my children are watching.









No comments:

Post a Comment