Friday, October 28, 2016

Hudson Valley

On our way home from a weekend away in Massachusetts with SB and gang, we took the scenic way home and stopped for a hike and dinner in Woodstock, NY.

Yes, home of the famous concert.

The Hudson Valley is one of my favorite parts of the country, and I'm thrilled to be just a 1-2 hour drive from such an historic and beautiful region. Never mind that it's close to the Berkshires, upstate NY and CT!  It's also named after Henry Hudson, first guy to settle on the island of "Manhattan" in the 1600's via the Dutch West India Company.

Don't worry, I'll be back a LOT with tidbits about the Dutch settlement of Manhattan and the surrounding area. Quite intriguing (for me) that we moved from Old Amsterdam to New Amsterdam, loads to explore on this topic.

A nice closing moment for my birthday.


We hiked Kaaterskill Falls, the tallest two-tiered waterfall in NY. It's a bit dried up right now, but a cool expeeriment for the kids if we're able to come back in spring and see it gushing.

Kaaterskill Falls is also a pretty good novel, if you haven't read it.





Isn't this restaurant just sooooo fall?!!? Our dinner at Cucina in Woodstock made my night, but mostly because this is where my awesome daughter wrote a birthday poem for me.


 


Finally, lest I forget, DS handed me a very cool early birthday present back in September--Adele tickets! Awesome show, awesome night. #madisonsquaregarden



DS and I were on a roll that week. We also went to see KT Tunstall at Irving Plaza a few days before Adele. Another great show.






No comments:

Post a Comment