Thursday, June 12, 2014

Happy 6th Abigail!

Abby turned six back on April 30th.  We celebrated for almost a month, starting with cupcakes at school; then a quiet family night while we we're in South Africa; and finally a party back at home with all of her friends.

I always hear that five is tough, but it's six that's had me choked up from start to finish.  I'm still gazing at her wondering how she got to be such a big kid already. The fact that she's sweet, thoughtful and somehow missing the sassy gene (so far) doesn't help keep my emotions from running all over the place.

We gave her her first Barbie while we were in Africa.  I held firm on this one until now, feeling that there was plenty of time for it and not wanting to encourage a focus on body and image.  But she really wanted it, and I couldn't have felt more fulfilled seeing how happy it made her.  Glad I got over myself.

Admittedly though, the whole Barbie thing was a bit more palatable when I found a Barbie "dog walker," complete with a pooper-scooper and little, teeny-tiny poops.  Abby and Reese were in hysterics.





Staying in theme, Abby had a safari party when we got back from Africa. At a Chinese restaurant and a bowling alley, of all places.  We may have mixed up themes, but Abby had a vision.  And I like a girl with ideas.

It rained cats and dogs, making the logistics of biking with a cake, decorations, presents, etc. a bit funny-challenging, but the kids had a blast all the same.


























No comments:

Post a Comment